Onsite IT support services are often considered as too expensive and not quite efficient when compared to remote IT services. The usual rumors are:
1. “It is way too expensive –it costs more money than outsourcing IT support.”
2. “Less productivity – Having someone on-board all the time even when there is no technical IT work, is loss of productivity.”
3. “Not so effective – just because they are in-house doesn’t mean they know all about IT. “
Well, you might agree with these statements, but let’s not jump into any conclusions without understanding the key features of Onsite IT support services and how it is provided in these current days.
Onsite means ‘service at your doorstep’. Although remote IT service is a great choice for some businesses, onsite support also plays a vital role. In fact, receiving both onsite and offsite services would be better than having just either of them. Having someone remain on your site for a temporary basis ensures that they will take care of your essential IT issues, especially for organisations that heavily rely on specialized equipment. Saying all this, what exactly are the key benefits of onsite services
1. Not all problems can be fixed remotely:
Agree or not, let’s be honest there is a limit to fixing systems remotely especially when there are hardware issues involved.
Imagine fixing the water line of your house without any contact, you might call that a bit foolish. This is the similar case when you try to fix a hardware issue remotely. It simply doesn’t work like that. Having an IT service provider that can send someone onsite quickly or having an in-house technician can help resolve such issues swiftly without any further delays. Thus, saving your time and money.
Also, having an onsite support can lead to more accurate diagnosis which you may think it is unrelated but could be the actual source of the problem.
So, when you choose your IT provider ensure that they provide onsite IT support when required. At least you will have a peace of mind that when your hardware is broken, someone is on the way to fix the issue.
2. Easier to ask for IT help:
Let’s face it, it is a bit embarrassing to call the remote IT helpdesk for all your small enquiries. I’m pretty sure you might have hoped to see a friendly face rather than talk to total stranger on the other end of the line and trying hard to explain what’s wrong with your PC and resolving the issue.
How much easier is it for you to call your IT service provider that provides onsite support or your in-house technician. You will be more proactively seeking help and having most of your IT issues resolved before it reaches its saturation point.
3. Greater Flexibility
Nowdays most of the services are designed to suit customer’s need and they provide great flexibility. The two things you must look into before choosing an Onsite IT service provider are:
1. Pay as you go – only pay for the technician’s contact hours.
2. Temporary contracts – when you need an IT technician just for a short period of time. Maybe to cover up for an employee during their holidays or for a major system tranformation or to fix a hardcore technical issue. Look up for providers that offer such flexibilities
4. Faster and reliable service
Onsite services are ideal for scheduled maintenance and emergency support. It ensures that you’re problem is solved quickly with high impact.
5. Pay as you go service
Most of the Onsite IT Providers offers pay as go service. Which means you only pay for the service that has been provided to you. How good is that? No more montly shocks for underutilised service.